Thursday, June 14, 2012

Say Hi to Hiatus

It's that time of year again!

HIATUS

Dictionary.com defines HIATUS like this:
hi·a·tus/hīˈātəs/
Noun: A pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process.
And that's precisely what will be happening with this blog. It will be on HIATUS until mid-September.

To carry you through (because you will miss me, right?), I want you to do something entirely old-fashioned.
1. Get a print dictionary. (Remember those? If you don't have one, they sell them at the dollar store.)
2. Every day at breakfast, open it to a random page and blindly point at a word.
3. Say the word out loud.
4. Read the definition.
5. Try to use it in a sentence.
Then, tuck it in your brain and GO OUT AND PLAY! Come back in September will fresh words, ideas, and experiences that will make your writing shine.
BYE for now!
: )
Nancy
P.S. If I get an update on my forthcoming picture books, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment