Wednesday, May 1, 2013

See Ya Later National Poetry Month

Hey there, kiddos!

Remember the shoe prompt from last week? Cathy Ballou Mealey was inspired by that photo of the sneaker, and by the cover of LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!.
LOOK what she came up with:

SPRING CHALLENGE

The eggs hatch. The chicks grew.
They peck, and flap and squawk.
One day they launch into the blue
And join their feathered flock.

by Cathy Ballou Mealey
http://bildebok.wordpress.com

Pretty sweet poem to end our month long celebration of poetry! Be sure to visit Cathy's blog!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nancy, for featuring my Spring Challenge poem! Wasn't National Poetry Month wonderful? I hope your readers found some new favorite poems and keep them in their hearts all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss Nat'l Poetry Month because I think in rhyme a lot of the time!

    ReplyDelete